Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 - 19:14:43

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sunday, June 28th, 2015 - 20:16:44 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
In no particular order:

Her Wacky Highness: just a great episode, the first foray into Wackyland, stellar animation.

Fields of Honey: real nostalgia rush from this one from the good old days, Kennedy's animation actually works in this one for some reason. I know it's not entirely true to Warner Bros. history, but still toward the top of my list.

Two-Tone Town: Instant favorite first time I saw it. Kind of gives a glimpse into toon life and the prospect of them growing forgotten. Really glad TMS handled this one. Only problem I have is they kind of chewed up a lot of airtime with Buster's crusade to find music, but not enough to damage the episode overall.

Thirteensomething: This one stands out because it has more emotion than most episodes, and gets deeper into the characters. Being one of three StarToons episodes is also a point in its favor.

Hollywood Plucky: I just love all the Hollywood satire in Tiny Toons (and Animaniacs).

Return of Batduck: Same reason as above.

Journey to the Center of Acme Acres: not sure exactly why, I've just always liked this one.

Citizen Max: Good parody of Citizen Kane, which is a good movie in itself.

Gang Busters: In all honesty, a good deal of the reason I like this one so much is the fact I remember watching it when I was about eight. It's not that bad an episode in itself really, it has some good points and memorable gags. Again, the Kennedy Animation doesn't bother me too much here. This one sort of seems like it takes place outside the normal Tiny Toons universe, though, it's kind of hard to describe exactly what I mean. :|

Rock N' Roar: Pretty much what I said above. This is sort of an odd episode plot-wise, and the animation's not stellar but I still enjoy it.

A Ditch in Time: I don't know, I just love when cartoons play around with time, much like Animaniacs' "When Mice Ruled the Earth", and this episode was another instant favorite. This is one I really don't have much of anything bad to say about, the trippiness factor alone does it for me. 8-)

Animaniacs: The student films are pretty amusing and I like the part showing the animation process.

Weirdest Stories Ever Told: Every segment's pretty good here.

No Toon is an Island: Just a fun episode.

Europe in 30 Minutes: See above

The Horror of Slumber Party Mountain: see above

Sawdust and Toonsil: A more serious, adventure-based episode. I like the Zainsville, Ohio reference. I've been there and it's not too far off from the truth. :lol:

Toons Take Over: Freelance wasn't quite as horrible on TTA as they were on Animaniacs, and I can put up with them here. Always fun when they satirize the television production process, and themselves to some degree. :lol:

Washingtoon: Toons have rights too! :P

How Sweetie it Is: Really showed what a great character Sweetie is.

New Class Day: I love the black and white inkblot segment, but now the real standout for me is the Marx Brothers tribute segment. It's ten times funnier now that I actually know what it's about. :mrgreen:

Some that I can't really say anything about that hasn't already been said: It's a Wonderful Tiny Toons Christmas Special, K-ACME TV, Acme Cable TV, Buster and Babs Go Hawaiian, Kon Ducki, Toon TV, Tiny Toon Music Televison, Weekday Afternoon Live

Also, was there another page to this thread that went missing or something? :?

PostPosted: Saturday, December 12th, 2015 - 14:51:52 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Fields of Honey

It's an important episode, because it reminds us that laughter and support keeps toons alive. Otherwise, they just fade away.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 - 02:31:44 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Little Beeper
My favorite episodes in Tiny Toons Adventures are :

- Dating, Acme Acres Style

- Career Oppor-toon-ities

- Psychic Fun-Omenon Day

- Son of the Wacko World of Sports

ImageImageImage

ImageOooh! Little Beeper, my hero !Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 - 08:08:52 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
While the first season is the weakest season, those episodes are still good. Of the 4 you mentioned, the best one would be Dating, Acme Acres Style. I'm a sucker for romantic episodes.

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 - 11:36:50 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Weekday Afternoon Live

Too bad there was no sequel episode.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 - 13:32:35 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
I agree. There were so many joke opportunities that they didn't get though all of them. If they could do sequels for K-Acme Tv and Tiny Toons Music TV, why not this episode?