Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 - 20:48:06

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Take Elmyra, Please
PostPosted: Tuesday, June 25th, 2013 - 13:09:37 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Elmyra's got her very own half-hour episode. Oh, joy. :roll: Poor Furrball has to take 30 minutes of abuse. On the plus side, we finally get to see her family. How do you feel about this Elmyra episode?

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Take Elmyra, Please
PostPosted: Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 - 14:11:31 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
I was actually considering making a topic on this very episode for quite some time, as strange as that sounds. Don't worry Fifilover, I won't hold it against you for beating me to the punch. :lol: It's been a while since I last did a pompous and long-winded recollection of an episode of the show of this forum's main focus, so I guess this one is as good as any to get me back into the game. Most people aren't really sure how to feel about the two "Elmyra's Family" episodes. They had a weird vibe to them to be sure, separate from the way the rest of the show operated. Indeed, they don't even seem to take place in the Tiny Toon Adventures universe proper. :geek: It goes without saying that "Take Elmyra, Please" has it's critics. Some even going so far as to never watch it just because Elmyra is in the starring role. :roll: Well, a lot of people's opinions are going to part with mine here(I can just tell ;))but in a weird sort of way, I actually enjoy this one. :oops: As stated, we get to meet Elmyra's family here, and what a bunch of loonies they are! :D First we have Emily Duff, if I remember it right, she's voiced by Tress Macneille doing her usual mid-western mom schtick. MacArthur Duff, kind of a weird cross between Stu Pickles and Wayne Szalinski. :roll: Amanda Duff, who fills the role of the high strung for no real reason adolescent, you know, the teenager that drenches every iota of their life in pathos over stupid crap that they won't even care about a decade from now? :| Baby Duff, who was never given a name and has super strength. :o Queegee the maid, a character that almost defies description, delightfully dimwitted and she too has super strength! :shock: But the real breakout character here is unquestionably Duncan The Ninja Boy! 8-) Elmyra's brother, this kid is just plain cool, I don't know what it is, he's just got that "it" factor that's hard to explain. He has severe delusions of being a comic book superhero and somehow by the end of the episode, he accomplishes this with flying colors, despite the odds. :mrgreen: The villains are pretty memorable as well. Arthur Jabba is a walking, talking stereotype, of a stereotype of every cliche anyone even remotely environmental has ever come up with for a capitalist caricature. :roll: His two henchmen are a hoot! George is a willing and endless yes man and semi-violent straight man to Leonard. Leonard is kind of an idiot which lends to many priceless moments through out, but the thing that really stands out about him is his overt pyromania! :o It's amazing how many no no's they got away with in this episode!(especially the Madonna-esk outfits that Elmyra wears, HOLY COW!!! :shock:) Furball returns in one of his greatest "any object Elmyra needs him to be" rolls. :mrgreen: There's not much else to say really, I like the characters, I like the story and most importantly, I like the comedy! :lol: It's long been speculated that this was a test pilot for a new series. I think the world would've been far better off if we'd gotten this instead of "Pinky, Elmyra and The Brain". ;) Given that it's sequel "Grandma's Dead" was just as good, I more than likely would've loved this series. :lol: I'm being serious. :|

ImageImage

Last edited by Injun-Joe on Thursday, July 18th, 2013 - 13:15:47, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 - 18:59:23 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
This and "Grandma's Dead" really weren't bad episodes. As for Elmyra having her own show, well... This probably would have made for a better show than Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain but really I think Elmyra's place is on Tiny Toons. That said, Duncan is pretty cool. :)

PostPosted: Thursday, July 18th, 2013 - 12:29:27 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume
I hate it and Grandma's Dead. I already can't stand 5 minutes of Elmyra, but 30 minutes?

PostPosted: Thursday, July 18th, 2013 - 13:32:24 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Well to be fair, the episode doesn't solely focus on Elmyra. Duncan get's quite a bit of screen time as well. I can't be certain, but I think this episode also contains the first appearance of Mr. Skullhead. :mrgreen:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, July 18th, 2013 - 13:33:46 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Duncan should've got an action-packed episode!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, July 18th, 2013 - 14:32:45 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
Injun-Joe wrote:
Well to be fair, the episode doesn't solely focus on Elmyra. Duncan get's quite a bit of screen time as well. I can't be certain, but I think this episode also contains the first appearance of Mr. Skullhead. :mrgreen:

That's something I forgot to add, this episode introduces us to Mr. Skullhead, so he could later illustrate to us what are good and bad ideas. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Monday, July 29th, 2013 - 09:59:31 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Buster and Babs Bunny
This episode was funny but Grandma's Dead was kinda boring.

PostPosted: Friday, April 28th, 2017 - 13:01:24 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
Dispite being an Elmyra centric episode, this was a very good episode. I really liked seeing Elmyra's family, and seeing Elmyra annoy those criminals was priceless!