Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 - 14:52:48

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Friday, November 02nd, 2012 - 19:28:50 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
I don't know exactly what it is, but I love this episode. I mean, I can't specifically point to one thing, I guess it's just the whole thing overall. The Death character was really good, all of his back and forths with the Warners were hilarious. I like all the surreal imagery during the checker game and wherever it was they were during that sequence. I kind of like how there was a touch of sincereness at the end, when Wakko asks if they were serious about keeping them all together, even if it was just because Spielberg eats that stuff up. :mrgreen:
"Hey mister, are you about to drag our brother off to a bleak netherrealm of despair where the future is nothing but a sea of anguish and horrible misery?"
"Ya."
"We wanna go too!!!"

PostPosted: Friday, November 02nd, 2012 - 20:06:36 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume, Minerva Mink
Some may know this, some may not...

This is actually a parody off of a Scandinavian movie known as "The Seventh Seal." They even borrowed the chess scene from said movie (though the Warner sibs replaced it with checkers).

Maverick Hunter D-Boy at your service!

All Hail Shadow! Heroes rise again! Obliterating everything that's not your friend!

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Monday, November 12th, 2012 - 20:15:15 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Skippy Squirrel
You know I think a lot of people are somewhat aware of it being a parody, though I doubt they know the source. I've seen the "challenge Death to a game" formula in a handful of shows. This episode of Animaniacs, an episode of "Married With Children", and the pilot to "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" to name a few.

Anyway, this episode really is quite hilarious. Plus the word "Dadoo" rolls off the tongue so nicely.

PostPosted: Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 - 15:37:50 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
Yeah I love the death character too I feel sorry for him I think Grim would have like the warners kids a lot better then billy and mandy (I can see him being friends with billy depsite being an iidoit But I feel sorry every time mandy treated grim unfairly