Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Friday, August 18th, 2017 - 10:13:27

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 13 Something
PostPosted: Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 - 07:19:44 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
There were so many funny moments in this episode. Like when Plucky got crushed with an anvil while holding a sign that said, "WILL TAKE FALLING ANVILS FOR LAUGHS" and when Babs hit that guy in the head with his violin. Also, we got to see Babs got to fulfill her dream of becoming a TV actress. What are your thoughts on 13 Something?

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: 13 Something
PostPosted: Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 - 09:30:25 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
Heh. SO many things could have gone wrong. Plucky could have advised Buster that "he doesn't need a co-host", or he might have made Plucky his co-host, as himself, not a rabbit, so we'd have another rabbit-duck pair like Bugs and Daffy, and then Babs would have no reason to return since her "position" had been eliminated.

In which case, Shirley would have been downgraded to be a bit player, since Plucky would already have a comedy partner.

My YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/user/thejamakanumbuhi
My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 - 11:45:11 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
It's a great episode. Yeah, it's sappy & predictable at times but it's great. sad that a toon has to be on a live action show for any real notoriety (& let's face it, it's true...no oscar for best picture, no emmy for best comedy, etc).

I still laugh at Elmyra for the cross walk gag. "don't walk" so she stops walking & BOOM!

It's sort of a more adult episode where they're purely teens (I mean Babs' design proves that!) & not kids like they are in other cartoons. But then that goes with the subject matter. It's a nice (occasional) break from the zaniness of some cartoons.

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 - 17:24:52 
Site Admin

I think I heard somewhere that this was Spielberg's favorite episode, and it's definitely at near or at the top of my own list, but it's been a while since I've seen it. Babs goes off to prove herself, and Buster has to adjust to life without her. I agree that it was a nice change of pace from the usual wackyness, and I thought it did have some good emotion and tension to it. It was fun to see all the replacements try out for the part of co-host. I want to know where Plucky got those cute bunny slippers he used in his tryout. Warner Brothers should sell those, along with the ears. :)

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 - 22:28:31 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
Would TTA have gone "normally" without Babs, and by extension, Shirley?

Maybe. They DID have a lot characters that didn't have much air time, they might have done more after that.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/user/thejamakanumbuhi
My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 - 04:14:01 
Animaniac

The J.A.M. wrote:
Would TTA have gone "normally" without Babs, and by extension, Shirley?

I don't think so. The show needed Babs.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 - 07:43:45 
Inked Cell

They could have stalled for a while with minor characters, I don't think it would have worked. For me, Tiny Toons was Babs & Plucky. Nothing else, not even Buster. If I ran off the school bus & found a Hampton episode airing I switched the channel to Darkwing. In the end, that ended up happening a lot & due to that & other factors (no VCR at first) I still haven't seen all the episodes (*sob*). It just doesn't work as well without them.

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 - 08:26:28 
Animaniac

pupspals wrote:

I still laugh at Elmyra for the cross walk gag. "don't walk" so she stops walking & BOOM!

Yeah, it was also funny when Babs said, "Ooh, that's gonna linger." :lol:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 - 17:42:11 
Site Admin

pupspals wrote:
They could have stalled for a while with minor characters, I don't think it would have worked. For me, Tiny Toons was Babs & Plucky. Nothing else, not even Buster. If I ran off the school bus & found a Hampton episode airing I switched the channel to Darkwing. In the end, that ended up happening a lot & due to that & other factors (no VCR at first) I still haven't seen all the episodes (*sob*). It just doesn't work as well without them.

I tried to watch everything. If an episode came on that I'd seen before, I'd change the channel to see what else was on just in case something else was new. I'm not sure which shows I actually preferred back then, though. I know I usually watched Animaniacs, but by that time there wasn't much else that I was even interested in.

Buster and Babs, and especially Babs, were what made Tiny Toons for me. But I still would have liked to see the secondary characters promoted a little more, as long as they tried to expand their characters. Too often they were limited to tired plots that showed little creativity, which made the characters boring. If they'd had more variety, like the stuff that Buster and Babs got, then I might have liked them a lot more.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, July 16th, 2010 - 14:22:50 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
Another one of my faves I love the bit at start where Babs talks Wilde into running into a tunnel only get run away by a train as Babs she can't help herself, I also like the Elmyra gag . Buster missing Babs and their friend trying for cohost , it also give us Blinky is that a joke Bunny, anyome here remember what Babs named was when on thireen something

PostPosted: Friday, July 16th, 2010 - 15:57:24 
Site Admin

When she got the part on Thirteensomething, they asked her was her name was, and she instinctively almost said, "Babs Bunny", but caught herself mid-sentence and tried to come up with a different name, and it came out as Babs Bunnawalskioversmith. ;)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, July 16th, 2010 - 16:03:00 
Site Admin

The Humans in their world must be pretty dumb not to notice she was a rabbit. One of the gags was that they kept telling her she needed to get a facial wax, because she had a lot of facial hair. But I think being covered in fur goes a bit beyond what you'd call "facial hair". They should have also noticed her tooth. You'd think in Hollywood that an overbite like that would disqualify most people from a starring role. Of course, you're not really supposed to think of things like that. ;)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, September 10th, 2011 - 22:20:26 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Rhubella Rat
haha yeah bringing logic into toons makes my head hurt :P Anyway this was one of my favorite episodes, good story, pretty funny gags & top notch animation..Startoons was one of the best animation studios & it shows in this episode

PostPosted: Sunday, September 11th, 2011 - 16:47:20 
Animaniac

Even though that Tiny Toons is a show for small children, this particular episode seems like something teens and adults would enjoy as well.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 - 06:52:50 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Buster Bunny
That episode is so romantic, touching and funny. I love the way Plucky and Buster imitates Babs' impersonation of Jessica Rabbit. "I always get what I want, it's a talent I have".
I laughed when Plucky flirted with Shirley: "My parents are gone for the weekend, wanna play house"?, "Hey Shirl, giving you any idea"?.

It was so sweet when Buster made all his way to New York in order to tell Babs that she is his other half, I melted when they kissed at the end of the episode. ♥♥♥