Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Friday, May 26th, 2017 - 12:52:32

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Friday, August 31st, 2012 - 09:09:47 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Buster and Babs Bunny
Why does this show get so much hate?
I checked it out and I think it's a worthy spinoff of Tiny Toons/Pinky and the Brain. Humour, acting, animation: all much better than what's on tv today!

PostPosted: Friday, August 31st, 2012 - 14:02:22 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume
Because it ruined both Pinky and the Brain and Tiny Toon Adventures and has Elmyra in it.

PostPosted: Friday, August 31st, 2012 - 15:27:13 
Sketch

Then the universe stinks becuase it has an Elmira in it. (It's in Upstate New York... wait a minute.... Upstate New York doesn't exist)... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Friday, August 31st, 2012 - 20:02:49 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
Then where am I right now? :shock:
I know where you're talking about, though. ;)

PostPosted: Saturday, September 01st, 2012 - 18:24:02 
Sketch

I do know where you are. But us Downstaters just like to make fun of Upstate.....
To you, Upstate begins at Watertown (or maybe even Brewerton or Pulaski).

PostPosted: Monday, September 03rd, 2012 - 13:36:34 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
Because Pinky and The Brain was already awesome. Elmyra was always thought of as an annoying animal abuser. heck, her purpose was to show why it's not a good idea to give pets to mentally challenged kids (No offense but really, that's what it felt like). No one liked her except maybe a few people who just thought that she was cute in her own way. Pinky and the Brain is about a witty sort of comedy where Elmyra just doesn't fit. Plus the writers themselves were reluctant because they didn't like Elmyra either. She was already getting too much screentime in the original Tiny Toons. Why give her a spin off?

PostPosted: Monday, September 03rd, 2012 - 13:45:39 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Skippy Squirrel
Louis6578 wrote:
Because Pinky and The Brain was already awesome. Elmyra was always thought of as an annoying animal abuser. heck, her purpose was to show why it's not a good idea to give pets to mentally challenged kids (No offense but really, that's what it felt like). No one liked her except maybe a few people who just thought that she was cute in her own way. Pinky and the Brain is about a witty sort of comedy where Elmyra just doesn't fit. Plus the writers themselves were reluctant because they didn't like Elmyra either. She was already getting too much screentime in the original Tiny Toons. Why give her a spin off?

You took the words right out of my mouth.

PostPosted: Tuesday, September 04th, 2012 - 15:57:22 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
I was only three or four when I saw this for the first time, but even at that age I was like, "What?" I recognized that Pinky and the Brain were on Animaniacs and had their own show too, so giving them another seemed to be overdoing it. I don't really remember watching TTA in that time frame, so I might have thought it was just some random girl. Even at the time I remember thinking this won't last. I guess I'm living proof a three-year-old is smarter than a network executive! :lol:

On a side note, even long after TTA disappeared from the airwaves, whenever I heard of Elmira, New York it subliminally reminded me of it. I don't think anything ever leaves your brain completely. ;)

PostPosted: Tuesday, September 04th, 2012 - 19:47:05 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Well, I'll admit I never really got to watch this one when it was on T.V.. Infact it's incredibly difficult to find any footage of this show what so ever, but what little I did see actually amused me. :oops: I imagine it probably could get old watching an entire series like that. One WB animated series that I never understood though was "The Zeta Project". :? Of all the things they could've made a show out of from the DCAU, The Flash, Wonder Woman heck even the Justice League from Batman Beyond. But no, Zeta gets his own series. :|

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, September 04th, 2012 - 23:02:15 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
Injun-Joe wrote:
Well, I'll admit I never really got to watch this one when it was on T.V.. Infact it's incredibly difficult to find any footage of this show what so ever, but what little I did see actually amused me. :oops: I imagine it probably could get old watching an entire series like that. One WB animated series that I never understood though was "The Zeta Project". :? Of all the things they could've made a show out of from the DCAU, The Flash, Wonder Woman heck even the Justice League from Batman Beyond. But no, Zeta gets his own series. :|

Zeta was at least popular in his own right. ELMYRA was not. She was kinda cute when she squeezed the animals in bear hugs and stuff, but then it just gets completely grotesque and hard to like her when she plays with dangerous tools and it's shown that she kills most of her pets. There were so many better candidates. heck, even Plucky could have gotten a real Spin Off if they left him. Let's face it, The Plucky Duck Show could've worked if they did real episodes instead of just Tiny Toons reruns.

PostPosted: Wednesday, September 05th, 2012 - 19:15:45 
Background

Injun-Joe wrote:

Well a lot of people enjoyed his episode in Batman Beyond, and back in the nineties robots were very popular. I would have loved a spin-off specifically for the Flash, he was hilarious. Anyone remember his van?

PostPosted: Wednesday, September 05th, 2012 - 21:19:54 
Animaniac

They had been trying to get The Flash his own series for many years, ever since he guest starred on Superman the animated series. I can't remember who, it might've been Bruce Timm, said that the Justice League Unlimited episode entitled "Flash and Substance" was a small glimpse into what their animated Flash series would've been like. :D Oh what could've been.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, November 29th, 2012 - 01:22:11 
Animaniac

Here's the opening. It's still an odd premise, even after all these years. :|

I was wondering though, does anyone know if Elmyra's family ever appeared in this show? You remember them don't you? MacArthur, Emily, Amanda, Duncan "Ninja Boy" :lol: and the baby? Oh yeah, and the maid Squeegie. Also, were the Brady Hamsters ever seen again?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, November 29th, 2012 - 01:33:10 
Animaniac

She also had a lengthy cameo roll on Animaniacs. Even they were powerless against her. :lol:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, December 02nd, 2012 - 03:24:04 
Background

Injun-Joe wrote:
Also, were the Brady Hamsters ever seen again?