Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, May 25th, 2017 - 02:37:19

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sunday, August 16th, 2015 - 11:59:03 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
Scarlet95 wrote:
"You'll Never Eat Food Pellets in this Town Again" was the final P&TB short written by Peter Hastings before he resigned, and it was a massive F-You to the executives. He probably knew what was going to happen. Thankfully this train wreck was cancelled after 13 episodes.

Technically, it didn't even last that long as it was given the axe after only six episodes.

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Sunday, August 16th, 2015 - 12:13:53 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
LittleLooney wrote:
Scarlet95 wrote:
"You'll Never Eat Food Pellets in this Town Again" was the final P&TB short written by Peter Hastings before he resigned, and it was a massive F-You to the executives. He probably knew what was going to happen. Thankfully this train wreck was cancelled after 13 episodes.

Technically, it didn't even last that long as it was given the axe after only six episodes.

Did it? That's smashing! :lol:

You could tell that the staff had just given up in hindsight. Characters constantly looked off-model, Elmyra's design and animation was starker than her appearance in Tiny Toons and Maurice LaMarche and Rob Paulsen weren't trying in the voice department. Can't say I blame them!

Everybody was probably chuffed that the show was brought to an end so quickly!

PostPosted: Sunday, August 16th, 2015 - 14:24:42 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
I said "technically." Thirteen full episodes were produced but only six aired as originally made. The remaining seven episodes were spliced and sent off to The Big Cartoonie Show where they were burned off one by one.

Yeah, Pinky and the Brain died a slow, painful death. :|

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Sunday, August 16th, 2015 - 15:03:30 
Layout

LittleLooney wrote:
I said "technically." Thirteen full episodes were produced but only six aired as originally made. The remaining seven episodes were spliced and sent off to [url=<a class="vglnk" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cat%26Birdy_Warneroonie_PinkyBrainy_Big_Cartoonie_Show]The" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>en</span><span>.</span><span>wikipedia</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>wiki</span><span>/</span><span>The</span><span>_</span><span>Cat</span><span>%</span><span>26Birdy</span><span>_</span><span>Warneroonie</span><span>_</span><span>PinkyBrainy</span><span>_</span><span>Big</span><span>_</span><span>Cartoonie</span><span>_</span><span>Show</span><span>]</span><span>The</span></a> Big Cartoonie Show[/url] where they were burned off one by one.

Shame, really. At least TTA, Animaniacs and Freakazoid were brought to an end with dignity despite being cancelled. Those laboratory mice were ground into nothingness thanks to Executive Meddling.

PostPosted: Sunday, August 16th, 2015 - 15:58:32 
Pencil Test

Favorite Character(s): Rita and Runt
Come on, the show wasn't THAT bad (I found it very enjoyable).

PostPosted: Sunday, August 16th, 2015 - 17:42:31 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
MrCleveland wrote:
I feel PE&B was milking the Tiny Toons/Animaniacs Series dry.

It's now not as memorable as "Tiny Toons" or "Animaniacs"!

Though it seems to get talked about quite a bit.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, August 16th, 2015 - 21:27:37 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
Scarlet95 wrote:
It'll be much better than how this show handled it. I know the premise was that Pinky and the Brain decided to lay low from Faust in Elmyra's house, but what bugged me was that Elmyra lived in a brand new area, attended a different school and Max had been dumped.

I recall that was a theory on the internet that said the reason why Elmyra lived in a different place was because she had been expelled from Acme Loo and her parents had to move because no other school would accept her.

What doesn't seem to get mentioned much was the fact that Elmyra went to a different school in the Tiny Toons episode "Grandma's Dead". So it wasn't like they just plucked that out of the blue, they had tried it before.

PostPosted: Tuesday, August 18th, 2015 - 00:09:06 
Layout

Mopar96 wrote:
Scarlet95 wrote:
It'll be much better than how this show handled it. I know the premise was that Pinky and the Brain decided to lay low from Faust in Elmyra's house, but what bugged me was that Elmyra lived in a brand new area, attended a different school and Max had been dumped.

I recall that was a theory on the internet that said the reason why Elmyra lived in a different place was because she had been expelled from Acme Loo and her parents had to move because no other school would accept her.

What doesn't seem to get mentioned much was the fact that Elmyra went to a different school in the Tiny Toons episode "Grandma's Dead". So it wasn't like they just plucked that out of the blue, they had tried it before.

So she did. But they didn't explain that one either.

I think that was supposed to be the pilot for the abandoned (and rightly so) spinoff "Elmyra's Family"...or was it "Take Elmyra Please"?

PostPosted: Tuesday, August 18th, 2015 - 02:18:35 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Scarlet95 wrote:
Mopar96 wrote:
Scarlet95 wrote:

I think that was supposed to be the pilot for the abandoned (and rightly so) spinoff "Elmyra's Family"...or was it "Take Elmyra Please"?

That's long since been a very popular fan theory. No one who worked on Tiny Toons has ever given a solid answer as to whether or not they were intended to be pilot episodes though.

ImageImage

Last edited by Injun-Joe on Saturday, August 22nd, 2015 - 02:38:32, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tuesday, August 18th, 2015 - 02:40:49 
Layout

I think that was supposed to be the pilot for the abandoned (and rightly so) spinoff "Elmyra's Family"...or was it "Take Elmyra Please"?[/quote]

That's long since been a very popular fan theory. No one who worked on Tiny Toons has ever given a solid answer as to whether or not they were intend to be pilot episodes though.[/quote]

Has it? Well, there's the egg on my face! :lol: Well, I can say with the utmost confidence that the Elmyra pilot theory is the only one I've believed. You are right, though. The TTA staff kept several things under their hats.

If the information regarding The Plucky Duck Show is true, I can...kind of see why it was eventually decided against. Since the spinoff premiered during the third season, I'm going to assume that Plucky, Hamton, Fifi and Shirley would have been "Put on a Bus". And the show would explain why they would have been absent from TTA. More people would have watched Plucky's spinoff!

That's why I'm writing a fanfic based on the possible "What Could Have Been" premise. It kind of implied that Fifi and Hamton would become a couple, which is awesome considering the fact that they were only hinted as being in a relationship on Tiny Toons.

Getting back to Elmyra, I wouldn't be surprised if there were ideas for a spinoff with her in the main spotlight. The executives loved her. She eventually got one...but it wasn't what anybody had in mind.

PostPosted: Friday, September 18th, 2015 - 01:09:52 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
LittleLooney wrote:
I said "technically." Thirteen full episodes were produced but only six aired as originally made. The remaining seven episodes were spliced and sent off to The Big Cartoonie Show where they were burned off one by one.

Even slower than SNL?.....Their slow death is still ongoing by the way. :?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, April 27th, 2017 - 18:18:41 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
I thought it was an OK series. It may have added an uncessesary 3rd character, but the funny references and bitting satire showed that they did care and wanted to make it as good as possible. I'm even thinking of picking up the DVD set sometime.

PostPosted: Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 - 06:38:32 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
The show was decent. I was well written and had some good jokes. But it felt like it was only a show its predecessors. And Elmyra of course, We had enough of her already.

PostPosted: Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 - 10:57:03 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
I agree. Even though the show was unnecessary, it was over hated. While the writers still hated working on it, it was nice that they actually tried to put effort into the epirodes. If your going to go down, why not have fun with it?